Thursday, October 6, 2011

Death

I'm sure all of us fear death. I know I do.




But if you're sure your going to heaven, why fear? I mean if we all believe that we would 100% end up in heaven, why do we fear dying? Shouldn't we be happy to die instead? After all, going to heaven is the most wonderful coolio amazing exciting thing EVER! It's the best place you can ever wish to be in!


But why do we fear death?

Maybe because, we aren't certain if we would end up in heaven? Maybe because we look at ourselves and think we're not good enough? Maybe because we know that we aren't acting/behaving the way God wants us to?

I'm not sure if I would end up in heaven. I want to, of course. Everyone does. But I look at the way I act, the person I let myself be. And I think. Nah. I don't deserve to go to heaven. I haven't fully give my life up to God, no matter how many times I say it in my prayers, no matter how many times I read it from my devo book. And I think that's the major problem.
That I know HOW to be sure I'll end up in heaven, but yet I let all this things distract me. 



"You're not suppose to put God first in your life because first might be second, the ranking might change. 
Put God BEFORE first. 
Don't arrange time for God. 
Make sure there already IS time for God. Always." 
- Louis 



My friends said something like that, not exactly, and it has always left an impact in my mind. I want to put God before first, but do I? Want to make sure there's always time for God. Easier said than done, no? I can keep wanting. And never do anything. I need to act!


Have you ever fear that someone close to you might pass away before you show how much you appreciate, show you loved to them? I have friends whose family has passed away. Sometimes it's so sudden, that you weren't prepared for what was going to happen. We all have read from somewhere, or saw a movie when someone passes away and the people around them are crying, talking about how they did not see it coming, how they wished they said I love you, how they wished they did what they didn't do. They fear what life would bring after the person is gone.



But what I fear most, is where we/they end up after death. I'm afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment