Tuesday, October 19, 2010

you look like a fool to me.


MY STUPID BRACES IS KILLING ME.


it cut through my gum. i just tightened it yesterday. :\ ouch.


school today was.. the same? LOL. me and annabelle took leng yiew computer and took photo all throughout lunch. and we tried posting them. but the internet connection sucked, so we only uploaded two.



BELLE! WE SHALL DO IT AGAIN :)
and you too amanda!


i've really got nothing to post today. :\ so here. i wrote this quite long ago? for a essay competition. :D


i couldn't undo the bold button :\




Brittany.

My best friend’s name is Jack. He died. I miss him.

I loved him so much. He was always there for me when I needed him. Jack’s death was so sudden. He was a healthy person, by no means was he the healthiest person on earth, but he was healthy enough, to, well, live a normal life.

I hugged my pillow, as tears welded in my eyes. I remember that very day, when the doctors told him that he has cancer. I stood there speechless, not knowing what to do. The doctors couldn’t find the reason why he had cancer, he just did.

I would visit him everyday after school, after the school bell rang, I would rush to my bike, and pedal furiously to the hospital. He was always smiling when I visited him, telling my jokes and laughing about the funny accent the nurse had. Nevertheless, I knew how he felt inside. He has eyes were often sad and emotionless, filled with regret for all the things he didn’t get to do. Days passed and he grew weaker. It hurt to see him in pain. I couldn’t hold up a strong face any longer. I held his hand close and burst out in tears.

Jack.

“I’m afraid you’re son has cancer, ma’am.” Those words loomed in my head. One day I am perfectly fine, the next, I was destine to die. I often wonder what the reason of this sudden sickness was. Why me? Was God trying to punish me for the bad things I’ve done? Was it because I hid my English teacher’s notebook and let someone else take the blame for it? Was it because I was not good enough? Why?

Brit came to see me everyday. I loved every single moment we were together. We would talk to each other about everything. She would tell me about school, the day our mean English teacher had his zipper undone; I would tell her about the crazy nurse with super long nails and her funny accent. I have gotten to know Brit in ways I never thought I would. The way the saw the world, I would never understand. She saw the shades of gray in between black and white. We would laugh until we cried, and gossip until visiting time was over. Ending our conversation and seeing her leave was always the hardest.

One day, I overheard my doctor telling my mum that the longest I had to live was a month. I could hear the soft cry of my mum, and the doctor telling her that they could do no more. Dying had never been an issue to me, not even now. All I really regret is getting cancer because I would not know how my family and friends would do without me. All I can do now is hope that they would move on.

Brittany.

If he dies, would he be up in heaven helping me to move on? I always thought that after you die, you’d be sent up to heaven and your task would be to look after the one’s you’ve left behind. I closed my eyes and prayed as hard as I could, for jack to be there for me. Forever.

Jack.

Everyone crowded in my little hospital room, either sobbing or staring at me. Only Brit was smiling at me sadly, holding my hand tight, telling me that I was her only best friend, that no one could ever replace me, and that I must promise her to have fun I heaven. I smiled back and agreed.

I had difficulty breathing and it started to get harder every second. The last thing I saw was Brit’s eyes filling with tears and my mum covering up her face as my dad comforted her.

Brittany.

Just like that he died. I held onto every single memory we had. He was the one I’ll cry to if I fail my history exam, the one and only person who understands me like no one does. The one who will always be on my side, no matter what.

I didn’t know whether thinking about him would make me sad or glad, but then I remembered that he’ll be in heaven, guiding me through it all and I smiled.

He had lighted up my life, and even though he’s gone now, he’ll always be in my heart, watching over me, teaching me right from wrong, loving me forever.





blow me away.


No comments:

Post a Comment